There are several ways to improve your search engine ranking using LinkedIn. The first thing that you should do to improve your search engine ranking is to complete your profile on LinkedIn.
The following are tips that are easy to follow and if you use them, you will start to see positive results pretty quickly.
· Set your LinkedIn profile as “public”: If your profile is set to “private,” it might negatively affect your search engine ranking because people may not be able to find you.
· Make sure that you have a professional headline: Your headlines should express the value that you are bringing to others. It should also communicate the reason that other people want to engage you. Your headlines will help you to establish credibility for you and your company. The keywords that you use in your headlines will increase how you rank in the search engines, if done correctly.
· Make sure that you add your websites to your profile: You need to list your most significant websites in your profile. Your most important websites can be the website of your business, your blog, Facebook Fan Page, Twitter account, etc. You are allowed to list a maximum of 3 websites.
· Use keywords throughout your profile: There are many places that you can use keywords. Make sure that your content is rich with keywords (without going overboard). You need to ensure that your profile is very friendly for the search engines. It is not a difficult thing to achieve and it should start to pay off quickly.
· Update your LinkedIn status a minimum of once a week: If you update your LinkedIn status at least once a week, your content will always be relevant and fresh, and up to date. This will also help you with your search engine rankings. Additionally, it will keep you in the forefront of the minds of those people who are already a part of your LinkedIn community.
You should update your status from your LinkedIn homepage. You should simply type whatever you wish to share in the text box underneath “Network Updates” and click “Share.” If you want, you can also put hyperlinks that you wish to share in your status.
· Spread the word: If you consistently recommend other people (at least once a month), your search engine rankings in the search engines will increase. You can recommend people with whom you have worked in the past, former partners, clients, etc.
Once you have offered to recommend someone, you can request that they recommend you also. You should never be shy about asking former colleagues, business partners, or clients for recommendations. The recommendations that you received from other people will help to increase your search engine rankings and thus your profile will become more and more impressive.
· Get your LinkedIn profile placed on other websites, blog sites, Email signature and any other Internet marketing materials that you have on the Web: This is an excellent way to increase your rankings. The more exposure you and your business get, the more people will recognize your name and the name of your business.
When you have an Internet presence, you are stating “here I am.” That is the first step. The second step is making sure that the search engines, blogs, and other people’s websites point their visitors to your website because they feel that your content is valuable and worth taking a look at.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments Network engineer contained herein. Please contact us at CompuKol Communications for further discussion on how we might be able to assist you and your team.
Michael Cohn is the founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of CompuKol Communications. He has over 25 years of experience in IT and web technologies. Mr. Cohn spent a significant amount of time at a major telecommunications company, where his main focus was on initiating and leading synergy efforts across all business units by dramatically improving efficiency, online collaboration, and the company’s Intranet capabilities, which accelerated gains in business productivity. He also reduced company travel and travel costs by introducing and implementing various collaboration technologies.
His expertise includes business analysis; project management; management of global cross-matrix teams; systems engineering and analysis, architecture, prototyping and integration; technology evaluation and assessment; systems development; performance evaluation; and management of off-shore development.
Mr. Cohn earned a Master’s degree in project management from George Washington University in Washington, DC; and a Master’s degree in computer science and a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, NJ. Mr. Cohn is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).